For the purpose of these terms & conditions the following words shall have the following meanings:
“The Company” shall mean Peter Evans, trading as Hay Electrics (28 Spencer Rise, London NW5 1AP)
“The Customer” shall mean the person or organisation for whom the Company agrees to carry out the works
“Operative” shall mean a representative appointed by the Company, which may include a sub-contractor.
1. The Customer shall have the unconditional right to cancel a contract within seven days and be reimbursed within 28 days for all payments made, less the cost of labour and materials or goods already manufactured fully or in part. In the interest of certainty, we recommend that you send any cancellation by recorded delivery/email.
2. The Company reserves the right to refuse or decline work at its own discretion. Where the Company agrees to carry out works for the Customer those works shall be undertaken by the designated Operative.
3. All electrical installation work will comply with BS7671: 2008 Amd 1 and any amendments in force at the time of the works. All electrical installation work will comply with applicable Building Regulations in force at the time of the works. Where work is to extend or modify existing circuits, costs quoted assume that the existing installation is in adequate condition and complies with minimum current regulations. Any works found required to bring the necessary parts of the existing installation up to standard will be at additional cost. Where the Customer requires deviation from such regulations, a written instruction and record will be required.The costs quoted assume continuous and unhindered access to the site by prior arrangement with the Customer.
4. The total charge to the Customer for hourly rate work shall consist of the cost of materials supplied by the Company (not exceeding 120% of the purchase price) plus the amount of time spent by an operative in carrying out the work (including all reasonable time spent in obtaining unstocked materials) charged in accordance with the Company’s current hourly rates.
5. Unless stated otherwise, the costs quoted assume standard working hours between the hours of 09:00 hrs – 17:00 hrs Monday to Friday inclusive. Work required outside these hours may attract out of hours premium rates.
6. Quotes for fixed price work will include the final price to be paid by the Customer (manifest errors exempted) including labour & materials and other associated charges such as parking, Congestion charge, etc.
7. Estimates will be provided in writing and may be subject to revision if the Customer instructs the Company to carry out additional works, if the price of materials increases or if unanticipated further work is required. If the final cost of the work is likely to exceed the estimate by more than 20%, the Company will seek agreement from the Customer before proceeding.
8. Quotes and estimates will be valid for 28 days from the date they are sent to the Customer and may be withdrawn by the Company at any point unless the Customer has accepted them and instructed the Company accordingly. All prices quoted are inclusive of VAT.
9. The Company will only be bound by quotes and estimates issued in writing by an authorised representative of the Company, not including sub-contractors. The Company will not be bound by quotes and estimates given orally.
10. Invoices are due for payment immediately upon their issue to the Customer, subject to any payment terms that may be set out in the invoice. Any unpaid invoice (or part of an invoice) will accrue interest rate of 4% over the Bank of England base rate until payment is received in full by the Company.
11. The risk in all goods supplied shall pass to the Client upon delivery. All goods supplied shall remain property of the Company until all sums due have been paid in full.
12. The Company shall use its best endeavours to ensure that its Operative attends on a date and time agreed with the customer, but the Company accepts no liability in the event that an Operative is unable to attend at the agreed date and time, or for the late or non delivery of materials. The Company accepts no liability in event that works take longer than estimated.
13. If the Customer has instructed the Company to undertake work and subsequently cancels the instructions prior to any work being carried out, the Customer will assume liability for any costs incurred by the Company, including any profit that would have been made by the Company had the work been carried out.
14. The Company will repair or make good defects in work completed by the Company, provided that the Customer notifies the Company in writing within 12 months of the work being completed and shall afford the Company, and its insurers, the opportunity of inspecting such work and carrying out any necessary remedial works if appropriate.
15. The Company shall only be liable for rectifying works completed by the Company and will not be liable for correcting defects arising from:
i) materials supplied by the customer;
ii) systems or structures not installed by the Company;
iii) any circumstances known to the Customer at the time the work was completed, but not disclosed to the Company;
iv) misuse or wilful damage by the Customer.
16. Where carpet or floorboards may require lifting to allow concealed installation work, no charge is made for this service, with best endeavours being made to avoid damaging them and to refit them to an acceptable standard. However, consideration of employing a specialist fitter may be prudent, at your cost to effect a fully satisfactory reinstatement. Chases to walls, etc. will be re-filled to a level below the existing plaster finish depth. Re-decoration and final making good is excluded from quoted costs, unless specifically detailed as included.
17. Where the Company has advised the Customer that work should, or should not, be undertaken and the Customer instructs the Company to the contrary, the Customer assumes full liability for any costs arising, including the cost of any remedial work that may subsequently be required.
18. Parking or Visitors parking vouchers (where no free parking is available on-site) for one van must be provided by the Customer for the duration of the work. Where these vouchers are not provided, the Customer will be charged for any pay and display charges, parking fines and release fees incurred by the Company while work is ongoing. Congestion charges (where applicable) will also be payable by the Customer.
19. It is the responsibility of the Customer to obtain all necessary permits, licences and other consents in connection with any works carried out by the Company unless otherwise agreed in writing by an authorised representative of the Company. The Customer shall indemnify the Company against all actions, suits, claims, demands, losses, charges, costs and expenses which the Company may suffer or incur in connection with a claim by any third party resulting from a breach of the Customer’s obligations, undertakings, representations and warranties. The Client is responsible for ensuring that the property is insured adequately for the duration of the installation work.
21. The Customer will be responsible for removing all waste items from the site of the work unless otherwise agreed in writing by an authorised representative of the Company.
22. The risk in all goods supplied shall pass to the Client upon delivery. All goods supplied shall remain property of the Company until all sums due have been paid in full.
23. The Company kindly asks the Client that area where work will be taking place, or access is required, that the areas are cleared where possible. Where this is not possible, remove or adequately protect and cover where removal is not possible, any and all small loose items, electrical items (including TV’s, stereos, mobile phones, personal computers and laptops), small items of furniture, soft furnishings, books, CD’s, DVD’s and any valuables from or in the rooms the Company requires access to to complete the works on. Where these items are not removed or otherwise adequately protected by you, we will not accept any responsibility for loss of or damage to these items.
24. The Company warrants its installation work to be defect free for a period of twelve months from invoice date. Such cover does not extend to goods not supplied by the Company, physical damage to products, or any instance where the original installation has been altered or tampered with subsequently by third parties.
25. Dispute Resolution: In the event of a dispute, mediation is to be the preferred method of resolution.
24. These terms & conditions & all contracts awarded between the Company & Customer shall be governed & construed in accordance with English law & shall be subject to the exclusive jurisdiction of the English law. These terms supersede other terms, override any terms that may be stipulated by the customer and may not be amended unless agreed in writing by an authorised representative of the Company, not including sub-contractors.